Re: FrameMaker 5.1 versus 5.5

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 5.1 versus 5.5
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 15:40:07 -0800

Don Erbel wrote:

>> I've decided I need to acquire FrameMaker skills.
>> To do so, I need to purchase and use it. I'm using Win 95.
>> I have two options:
>>
>> 1 -- Buy the Academic Version 5.5 (or 5.5.6) at about $250.
>>
>> 2 -- Buy a "closeout" Version 5.1 at about $100.

Option 3 -- Buy the closeout version and then upgrade to the full
5.5.6. The upgrade price varies, depending on whether you buy
it from Adobe, an authorized reseller, or a mailorder catalog.

This approach costs more than your option 1, but you will end up
with the full version of FM (not the limited academic version) plus
Acrobat Exchange and a bunch of free Adobe fonts.

Kat Nagel
MasterWork Consulting Services
katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net OR mwrk -at- aol -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=