Conferences, cash and confusion

Subject: Conferences, cash and confusion
From: Adam Roberts <aroberts -at- RINGROSA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:32:04 +0100

This time in plain text. Sorry! (maybe the conference could help iron out my
absent-mindedness!)

I'm interested in going to the Online help conference '99 in London, but
after receiving the brochure this morning, I don't see how this would be
possible. Can I expect my company, a reasonably small start up, to pay
£650($1000+/-) to send me to a two day conference? Of course on top of this
they would then have to pay transport and accommodation which would add up
to a sum I'd be very reluctant to propose to them. How would I be able to
justify such expenditure on their part? Would they really see a difference
in the knowledge and capabilities of their only technical writer?

Adam Roberts
RING! Telecom France

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=