Documentation section in business plan

Subject: Documentation section in business plan
From: Debra Ashcraft <DJA -at- JENKON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 08:35:24 -0800

Whirlers,

The company I work for is almost 20 years old but never before had a
business plan. One is now being created! Much to my surprise, last Friday,
as the lone tech writer, I was asked to write a section on documentation.
Specifically, "When it occurs, how it gets done and what are the goals." I
am thrilled that they are even including a section, however small, but I
have seen very few business plans in my life, and none that have addressed
documentation.

Have any of you been involved in such a thing, or does your business plan
discuss this? What does it cover? How detailed does it get? Our produce is
business software for the direct marketing industry (MLMs). Any suggestions
or guidelines would be greatly appreciated! Of course, I'm supposed to do
this ASAP in my "spare" time!
Thanks to any who can give advice.

Debra Ashcraft, Technical Writer
Jenkon International, Inc. (360) 256-4400 x2608

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=