Re: Red X in Word

Subject: Re: Red X in Word
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:11:23 -0500

Wow. I am surprised to hear this bug being discussed again. Surely this is
in the archives, if it's on-topic. I posted a response off line but re-post
here to, perhaps, stem the tide of responses <g>.

There is a bonafide Red X bug that was made more rare by SR-1 and SR-2.
There is no way to reverse it and the SRs only reduce the likelihood of the
bug afflicting your document. The solution is to install the SRs and then
re-insert or re-create the affected images. In Word, always turn off Fast
Saves and always make sure there is plenty of swap file room on your HDD.
See http://www.microsoft.com for more info, search on "Red X."

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=