FW: Single Source Documentation

Subject: FW: Single Source Documentation
From: Lynn Perry <CLPerry -at- WALLDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:33:22 -0800

> Robin Whitmore wrote:
<snip>
> seems to be the general consensus). If I have time, I might consider
> creating an HTML version, not to serve as online help ('cause I truly
> believe that is an entirely different "document"), but simply to make the
> electronic version of the manual easier to use.
</snip>
Our company follows a similar route in that the online doc (PDF and HTML) is
included with the software, but the user can request a printed version at no
additional cost. We use Frame to Save As PDF and Quadralay WebWorks to
generate the HTML. The HTML still requires a bit of tweaking, so it's not
strictly "single source," but overall, this approach works very well
(speaking for myself at least).

C. Lynn Perry
clperry -at- walldata -dot- com
Wall Data Incorporated / Seattle WA
Some days it doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=