Re: Need help with a recommendation

Subject: Re: Need help with a recommendation
From: Wendy Lewis <wlewis -at- NCLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:05:43 -0500

Do it. A 21 inch monitor makes life easier. I keep two of each of the
applications you mentioned open at a time. Of course, I walked into
one of those dream jobs where they asked me what size monitor I
would like.

How? Simple economics. Write up a cost justification on how it will
benefit ***the company***. Do some tracking and figuring on how much
time you waste in switching between windows and different scaled
views of each window. Find out how much a cheap 21" costs. Calculate
how long it would take to justify the additional cost. Include how old the
current monitor is and every possible thing that slants the report in your
favor. Write it up in a professional looking Cost Justification report
complete with sub headers, etc. and present it to your boss.

I've never been turned down after going through this effort for something
I really wanted.

At 02:08 PM 3/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
I want to justify getting a larger monitor
Wendy Lewis

It has often been said,
there's so much to be read,
you never can cram