Re: Explanations for getting fired

Subject: Re: Explanations for getting fired
From: Anne Halsey <Wrdfinesse -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:03:26 EST

Anon-E-Mouse asks about how to explain a firing in
his professional past:

Thank the PtB (Powers that Be) that I've never faced this
one. But as both a job seeker and a job filler, I would think
brief honesty is the best policy. Perhaps something along the
lines of:

"My employer and I did not agree on the basics of <whatever>.
At <his/her> suggestion, and with my agreement, I left the
company."

Short, elegant, truthful. But not all-revealing.

Any other suggestions out there?

Anne Halsey
wrdfinesse -at- aol -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=