Re: continuous publishing practitioners

Subject: Re: continuous publishing practitioners
From: Michele Marques <mmarques -at- CMS400 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:31:41 -0500

I work in a "continuous publishing" situation, but it may be different than what
Jean envisioned (with the initial query). I create normal print/on-line help, but
my company is continually updating the product. Thus, I am continually
updating the help and manuals.

We have functions within our product to dial up to our network and download
the updates (both software and documentation updates). On-line help is
automatically incorporated. We provide a program for customers to print any
section of the manual(s) they wish. I put out a monthly newsletter, and since
shortly after I started working here, have included a summary of changes to the
documentation. We have revision numbers on the covers of all manuals, and
include the revision number in the "documentation update summary".

Michele Marques
Technical Writer, CMS Manufacturing
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com
905-477-4499 x280