Re: The 5 "C's"?

Subject: Re: The 5 "C's"?
From: Deborah McDaniel <DeborahM -at- CAPTURA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:31:29 -0800

Robin said:
<snip>
My boss (the VP of Engineering) presented us with an overview of our
respective jobs. Each job contained a "swing thought." The swing
thought for
Documentation was "The 5 C's: Concentration, Cohesion, Convention,
Contrast,
and Convection."
</snip>
I was told by a former co-worker (who got it from a professor) that there
are FOUR hierarchical c's - meaning that the value of the first is never
sacrificed for the value of the second etc. (Drum roll...) they are:
Correctness (above all, doc must be correct)
Clarity (next, it's gotta be clear)
Concision (when possible, make it concise)
Consistency (this is nice, necessary even, but not at the expense of any of
the above)

Deborah McDaniel
deborahm -at- captura -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=