Re: Help! First TW job interveiw

Subject: Re: Help! First TW job interveiw
From: Tony Rocco <trocco -at- ONDISPLAY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:22:38 -0800

Well, Stan, there is a pretty egregious problem with the job posting you are
responding to. The first requirement listed is the age of the applicant.
Discrimination based on age is akin to discrimination based on race or
gender. You can't say, "White male, 25 - 25, wanted for tech writer
position." What this employer has done is highly illegal and could result
in serious legal consequences.

I would consider "closing the deal" with a firm that does not practice any
form of discrimination. I would also look askance on any firm that is not
aware of federal age-discrimination laws.

- tgrrr

Enlightenment is to be intimate with all things; it is the practice of
moment to moment intimacy.

- Zen Master DogenEnlEasdlkfjpasld;fjas;ldf