Finding the Right Technical Writer - a URL

Subject: Finding the Right Technical Writer - a URL
From: "Nash, Steve" <Steve -dot- Nash -at- BRAID -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:50:54 -0000

There seems to be a lot of fuss being made about this, Surely a good
technical writer --who is adaptable and can write for a multitude of
audiences-- should have all of the skills mentioned.
Personally, I find all such sites interesting and helpful. You don't have to
absorb all of it, just as no-one will absorb all of our work (sorry to
disappoint you), you can gain from extracting those points which may be of
use to you. If there is nothing there you find interesting, go elsewhere,
don't rip the poor writer to bits for trying to help. Take the percentages
with a pinch of salt, they will change from one project to the next, but
don't discount the validity of the entire text just because you disagree
with a bit of it. You wouldn't like someone to totally slate your manuals
because there was one paragraph they did not like.

Steve Nash
Braid Systems Ltd
Phone : 0171 393 8011
Mobile : 07887 638710