Job Posting - Waltham, MA

Subject: Job Posting - Waltham, MA
From: "Hopkins, Sharon" <SharonH -at- CNRX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:47:01 -0500

I am moving on for reasons having nothing to do with this company.  In fact,
the fact that I have been asked (and am willing) to post my own job to the
list is an indication of my positive feelings about the job and the
company.  I have had a great experience here and I hope someone out there
will be able to pick up where I am leaving off.

If you are interested, please respond to Michael Walsh, Vice President for
Product Development and Services at mikew -at- cnrx -dot- com <mailto:mikew -at- cnrx -dot- com>

Send your resume as a Microsoft Word file or a text file.  A cover letter
(e-mail) detailing how your skills and background fit the company's needs
would also be appreciated.

Here is the full text of the job description:

Sole Technical Writer / Documentation Manager

Clinical NetwoRx:

Clinical NetwoRx, Inc. was founded in August 1995 to provide solutions to
the point-of-care information needs of physicians and integrated healthcare
delivery systems. The company is comprised of individuals who are
experienced in the healthcare and information systems fields. The products
and services of the company build on information solutions crafted in
response to real life clinical information needs. The corporate culture
reflects the entrepreneurial nature of a growing company that plans to meet
the needs of a market projected to reach the $15 billion mark by the year
2000.

New information about our company and our products is continually added to
our website at www.cnrx.com

Job Description:

* Maintain and continue to develop the documentation set for two,
linked software products. Document set includes Reference Manuals, Online
Help Files and Training Materials for Computerized Patient Record Software.
* Responsible for all aspects of content development, design, layout,
and production.
* Work closely with R&D, Product Development, Implementation, and QA
to develop and test documentation content.
* Develop and maintain company-wide documentation standards.
* Manage contract writers on an as-needed basis.

Tools Used:

* Microsoft Word (and the Microsoft Office 97 suite)
* Microsoft NT
* RoboHelp v7.0
* Doc To Help
* Visio Professional
* Visual Source Safe

Experience with these tools is preferred but not required. We are willing to
train the right person.

Skills Needed:

* End-user, Windows-based software documentation experience.
* Demonstrable ability to use the written word to communicate product
concepts and correct usage to end users.
* The ability to develop and implement documentation procedures and
standards.
* Proven communications skills in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
* The ability to juggle multiple projects.
* Familiarity with the healthcare industry - knowledge of HL7 would be
a plus.
* Self-starter, independent thinker, team player.

Comments:

At Clinical NetwoRx, Documentation is part of the Product Development and
Services Team. The goal is for documentation to be an integral part of the
development process. This would be a great position for someone who has
spent time in a larger, more mature company, who understands how
professional documentation gets done, and who wants to apply that knowledge
in a smaller, newer setting. It is an opportunity to take charge and develop
the documentation department as the company grows.

Sharon Hopkins
Documentation Manager

CLINICAL NETWORx
A Hollister Company