Re: JavaHelp

Subject: Re: JavaHelp
From: Donna Bruce <donna -dot- l -dot- bruce -at- USTRA -dot- MAIL -dot- ABB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 13:33:27 -0500

Hello Robin,

The JavaHelp API is still in Beta and won't be released until early 2nd
quarter (according to www.sun.com). I'm using an html editor (Netscape
Composer) and creating html files for each screen and some discussion files
which are available through the TOC file. Our java GUI is using the Java
Developer's Kit 1.2 which is said to support 3.2 HTML spec. [The earlier
JDK 1.1 was to support 2.0 HTML but it wouldn't evey parse Bold or Italic
tags.] I've just updated my online help files and the GUI HTML text frame
displays nicely. Tables display properly.
Right now I'm just able to do a 1) TOC (with some discussion files listed)
and 2) Screen-level Help accessible through the Help menu.
When the JavaHelp API is available, I will be upgrading to it and creating
a full context-sensitive, searchable, indexed help system.
Good Luck
Donna

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=