Re: HOUCIC-> about numbering table cells in Weird 97

Subject: Re: HOUCIC-> about numbering table cells in Weird 97
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:45:44 -0600

/I believe the reason for this is a combination of
/the way the completely
/re-vamped numbering feature works, plus the way
/VBA "sees" Word ranges
/within a table: rows can be a contiguous range,
/but columns cannot.
/
/So Word97 can't "grasp" numbering that should
/proceed from the bottom of
/one column to the top of the next, and down that column.

I appreciate that the CompuServe Word Lady took time to
respond, but this doesn't address the issue. In the
meantime, however, I've taken a look at MS's "Running Word
97" manual. It states clearly that this version of Word
numbers every paragraph in a table selection. I don't know
why they removed the feature of letting the user choose
whether to number every paragraph or just every cell. Just
MS deciding what's best for us again, I guess.

It's interesting that MS has not responded to my question
since I sent it to them last Saturday. Perhaps they're
stumped, or unable to rephrase "it's a feature, not a bug"
this time.

Thanks to everyone who tried to take this on. Seems it's
just a lost cause. Thank goodness for FrameMaker!

Alfred Aldo Watkins
Senior Technical Scribe
Cooperative Computing, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=