Re: FW: Word .pdfs/HotSend

Subject: Re: FW: Word .pdfs/HotSend
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:06:09 -0500

Yes.

It needs to know what kind of Print file to create. When you print to
disk, it is getting exactly the same thing that the printer would
receive. All you are doing when you print to file is telling the pc or
workstation that instead of sending the print job through the LPT or
network port, to send it to a disk somewhere, whether it is a local disk
or on a network.

However, for it to create PS type of output, it need to be driven by a
PS printer driver. If you select an HCL (or you substitute the printer
type) type printer, it will send the data formatted for an HCL printer
to the disk and Distiller won't know what to do with it.

John

Jennifer Delmerico wrote:

> Really basic question:
> Do I actually have to have a postscript printer installed in order to
> "print" to it? If I'm just printing to a disk file, does it actually look
> for a printer?
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer

> Jennifer Delmerico, Sr. Tech Writer
> Transaction Software Technologies, Inc.
> 770-446-3211
> jennifer -dot- delmerico -at- tstnet -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=