Clip art sources for intranets

Subject: Clip art sources for intranets
From: "Laura J. Lockhart" <LLOCKHART -at- ABIM -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:07:42 -0500

Hi all--

I haven't been on the list for a while, but I signed up again when it occurred to me that you guys would probably be the best resource for my question. I've been appointed to the design subcommittee for my company's intranet-startup task force (i.e, this isn't my full-time job). As part of the design concept we have so far, we want to use colorful icons to represent each department of the company, but we don't want to pay anyone to design custom ones for us (ay, there's the rub). The ABIM is a professional certifying organization for doctors (internists).

After spending a couple hours going through the Corel ClipGallery catalog and not finding anything appropriate, I cruised the web for a couple hours. I was given the names of a couple sites of icons for INTERnet designs, but they mainly had buttons, arrows, and backgrounds. When I did find something appropriate, I couldn't find a series that would apply to every department and have a consistent look. What I'm hoping to find are simple, fun yet professional-looking graphics to represent:

Human Resources
Information Systems
Business Office (financial)
President's Office
Communications (external newsletters and website maintenance)
Test Development (editorial)
Test Registration (customer-service-like)
Clinical Competence (professional development for board members)

I don't expect to find something perfect for all the categories, but I thought some of you may work on intranet development might know of a specialized resource for graphics. I checked a couple intranet-resource sites, but they seemed to mainly deal with subject matter and technical requirements. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Laura
LLockhart -at- abim -dot- org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000