Re: Can anyone tell me...

Subject: Re: Can anyone tell me...
From: Heather Miller <hlm -at- INDY -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:49:30 -0500

Well, Sean, according to both my previous and current employers, there is
no difference. They say "just skip what you don't want or need to know" or
"if you can learn from it, it's a training manual". Then again, I've also
been told that the manuals I'm currently writing are marketing materials
too.

Personally, I view training documents in a bit different light then user's
manuals. I feel that the differences lie in the fact that user's manuals
should cover all of the installation, specifications and troubleshooting
issues, while training manuals need to just say "here's why you do this"
and give you the how. (then again, I mainly write training manuals and not
user manuals).

Just my opinion. Feel free to flame away.=)
Heather Miller
hlm -at- indy -dot- net