Subject: Summary: Word/FM Style Compatibility
From: Brian Doonan <bdoonan -at- CORECO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:48:14 -0500

This message is a summary of an earlier post I made concerning the
compatibility in the look and style of documentation if one used both Word
and Framemaker. I don't think it's necessary to cut and paste excerpts from
the responses I received because the overwhelming feeling, really a
consensus, was that Framemaker is so vastly superior to Word for creating
documentation that I should create all my work with it.

Okay, I'm sold, enough is enough. I just walked into by boss's office and
demanded (diplomatically) that we have to buy Framemaker because we could
no longer waste energy, time, and resources on Word. To my surprise he
asked me to look into it. Therefore, I'm looking into it.

Here are a couple of questions about Framemaker 9 (to save making an
additional post to this list) which I need to know before purchasing it:

1. Is it very expensive (me Canadian)
2. I heard that it was difficult to learn. Would I have to take a course on
Framemaker before I can realistically use it?
3. Does Framemaker's technical support have a good reputation?
4. What is the latest version?
4. Any other answer to a question I haven't thought of is welcomed.

Again, I am will to summarize replies and post them to cut down on traffic
if you send your messages to me personally.

Brian Doonan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=