Re: Personification of gadgets and thingamabobs

Subject: Re: Personification of gadgets and thingamabobs
From: "Smith, Martin" <smithmr -at- ENCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:38:37 -0700

Ok, I'm near the end of a long day and might as well take a stab at this
one.

When I encounter a sentence such as the one you provide, I generally
assume that I need to obtain additional information. For example:

The device incorporates N lamps, each of which blocks a specific phase.
You can customize the device's phase response by installing different
combinations of lamps. The ASP driver considers the phase powers blocked
by each lamp when calculating the pulse timing. Consequently, you must
configure the ASP driver by entering the phase power blocked by each
lamp. You only need to configure the ASP driver when you change lamps.
To enter the phase power of each lamp, do the following:
1. Yada, yada, yada...

Martin R. Smith
Technical Writer / Audiophile