JOB: Cirriculum Developer - San Francisco CA

Subject: JOB: Cirriculum Developer - San Francisco CA
From: Robin Whitmore <robin -dot- whitmore -at- CYGENT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:47:05 -0800

<Please note: This job is full-time, salaried, and on-site>

Cygent, Inc. is the leading provider of eCommerce systems to
telecommunications providers. Our product uses cutting edge technologies
such as Java, Distributed Object Frameworks, Enterprise Middelware and
workflow.

The Curriculum Developer position is an essential part of the Cygent
Services organization. You will be a primary contributor to the development
of an education program that will serve to maximize the effectiveness of all
Fusion users, from developers down to end-users.
Your primary role will be to create and manage content for Cygent?s suite of
technical education offerings. You will work closely with Cygent?s team of
engineers and consultants in order to gain a thorough understanding of our
technology and the needs of our clients, partners and employees. You will
also be responsible for the delivery of technical classes and Train the
Trainer sessions.

Mandatory Qualifications:

Outstanding written and verbal communication skills

2+ years experience designing instructional materials for technical
audiences

1+ years experience delivering hands-on software training

Experience with an Object Oriented Programming Language

Fundamental Understanding of Relational Databases and SQL

Strong working knowledge of either Windows NT or UNIX

Strong Desktop Publishing Skills

Desirable Qualifications:

Application development experience using Java/CORBA, Java/RMI, or C++/CORBA
enterprise applications

Experience with web architectures such as Java Servlets, CGI and NSAPI

Experience with Adobe FrameMaker

Experience with development of distance learning solutions such as WBT

Telecommunications and/or eCommerce industry experience

Cygent and Cygent Fusion:

Cygent is a rapidly growing company that offers great opportunities for
professional and personal growth and accomplishment. Located in the heart of
"Technology Gulch" South of Market in San Francisco, Cygent offers an
exciting atmosphere, supportive work environment, and comprehensive benefits
package.

OUR PRODUCT is a state-of-the-art eCommerce solution that will radically
change the way customers interact with their telecommunications providers.
Providers who deploy our solution will enable their customers to manage
their information needs in real-time, packaging local, long distance,
wireless, and data services to meet their customers' demands.

We are using state-of-the-art technologies, such as Java, enterprise
middleware, distributed object frameworks, workflow, and rules-based
processing to deliver our application to subscribers over the Internet,
across intranets, and through retail point-of-sale kiosks.

We intend to be the dominant player in this multi-billion-dollar
marketplace.

WE ARE a dynamic, fun company that likes to work hard and play hard. We
believe that a great attitude and a quick wit can beat extensive experience,
and are willing to provide the right candidate with appropriate technical,
functional and managerial training. Our team will share their extensive
experience in developing and deploying high-volume, mission-critical
Internet applications with you in a cooperative work environment.

We provide a competitive salary, generous employee stock options, and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes a 401K plan. Our office are
in an ideal SOMA location, just down the street from the third-base line of
Pac*Bell park. We are easily accessible by CalTrain and MUNI. Join us for a
fast-paced ride to success!

Check us out at http://www.cygent.com

To apply, send your resume to Dave Kilimnik at david -dot- kilimnik -at- cygent -dot- com -dot-

Thanks!

_________________________________
David Kilimnik, Educational Services
Cygent, Inc.
http://www.cygent.com

david -dot- kilimnik -at- cygent -dot- com

101 Townsend St., Suite 207
San Francisco, CA 94107
Direct: 415-905-8596
Main: 415-975-5757