Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts

Subject: Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:25:10 -0400

Hallo:

I do not think the Europeans prefer sans serif a whole lot more than readers
in the U.S., except for the Swiss, of course.

I grew up in the U.K., which, for some, might not count as Europe <g>, but
I'd bet serif works just as well there. Besides, if memory serves, most of
what I read as a youngun was printed in a serif font---except, perhaps, for
that TA-language stuff, of which I have vague memories and only one printed
example. I have written several things for Italian companies and noticed
that there is no preference for sans serif and, apparently, little concern
about why there should be a preference.

Ciao.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com