naming conventions

Subject: naming conventions
From: Evelyn Slowik <eslow -at- MASTER -dot- ADAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:33:53 -0700

I have a book file with several hundred .fm files that are named with
upper and lower-case letters. I can open the files as long as I am
running on NT. If I am on UNIX, I get errors stating that the files
cannot be found. The file names are also a problem if I convert the .fm
files to .pdf. Again, on NT I can open the .pdf files without problems,
but when I switch to UNIX, I get messages saying the files don't exist.
Any way to get around this? I've been told that the only solution is to
rename every file using lower-case letters. Is there any other possible
solution?

Many thanks,

Evelyn

--
Mechanical Dynamics, Inc. (734) 913-2556
2301 Commonwealth Blvd.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=