Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts

Subject: Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:34:51 +0100

> Chuck Martin wrote:(answering to CASSIN Gilles// sorry if my second
name comes first and is capitalized; that's corporate policy)
<From one of that class' texts: "The typefaces we learned to read with
<are the ones we are used to and that we therefore find most congenial
<and comfortable. In the United States those happen to be the faces with
<serifs (Century, Primer, Times Roman, and so on). In Europe, sans serif
<is the rule rather than the exception."
< - Graphic Design for the Electronics Age, Jan V. White, ISBN:
<082302122X, p. 13
Yah, I love that book. But you skipped the most important sentence of
JVW:
quote "Choose what makes more sense"
BTW, I'm not 40 yet, and learned writing with a steel pen (quill
shortage).
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=