Re: html editor questions

Subject: Re: html editor questions
From: Debbie Packer <dpacker -at- STINGRAYBOATS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:12:36 -0400

> - dreamweaver: clunky and not good with CSSs. and they do the same
> thing with the font face tag.

I agree with you that Dreamweaver is not a very good editor. It has a lot of
problems. I used it for awhile and argued for it, but eventually abandoned
it because of the problems it was causing me.

At the company I work for, my husband happens to be my boss and he refused
to edit any of the code that Dreamweaver created (he runs linux and uses vi
as his editor) because it was so messy and hard to read. The font thing adds
to that making things almost impossible to find with some code.

As for what Sean says below about being too picky, I disagree. When I
abandoned Dreamweaver, I started using Super NoteTab (I know it takes
longer, but it gets the job done well) to clean up all of my code for the
pages that I created. Some of my file sizes were reduced by half just from
removing the font tags. When you're in a world where you are trying to sell
a product, I think it is important to make your files sizes as small as
possible to ensure that your pages are loading quickly and your customers
don't have to wait. Granted, font tags don't take that long, but when you
have hundreds or thousands of files every little bit helps.

>FP: Live with the FONT FACE="ARIAL" stuff. It might, technically, be
>bloat, but who cares? You could CSS the font definition so all <P> fonts >
got arial by default. I think you're being waaaay too picky on this.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=