Re: Spaces between numbers and heads--readability

Subject: Re: Spaces between numbers and heads--readability
From: WesTracy <wtracy -at- IU -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:37:49 -0400

Peterson Karen wrote:

> <snip>
>
> My co-writers say that the new spacing is hard to read. I can't tell if
> they're right or if they're just not used to the new spacing. Does anyone
> know whether or not this spacing truly affects readability?

Karen, to me, it doesn't matter if they're used to the spacing or not.
If they have trouble reading it, then it does affect readability.

> If it does, does
> anyone have experience with changing the spacing in Word (without using
> tabs)?

If you go to Format / Style / Modify / Format / Numbering, or just put
your cursor in the desired paragraph paragraph, right-click, and select
Bullets and Numbering / Modify, you can specify the distance, in inches
or points, between the number and the text.

Good Luck.

Wes

--
Wes Tracy <wtracy -at- iu -dot- net>