Re: Q: Becoming a Microsoft Certified Professional

Subject: Re: Q: Becoming a Microsoft Certified Professional
From: Michael Jang <michael_h_jang -at- PRODIGY -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:11:05 -0700

Geoff,

When I got my MCSE, that was somewhat of a rare thing. When the right
people discovered that I also had a few writing skills, I fell into a
book contract four months after getting my cert. Voila, a new career :)

But since there are so many more MCSEs and MCPs today (I think the 1999
market for Microsoft test prep materials is 1.2 million people), YMMV.

Geoff Bradbury wrote:

> Greetings all...
>
> I've been looking at the Microsoft Certified Professional
> credential using Frontpage 98. I figure if I can get thru
> the first hoop then the other hoops (MCP+Site Building,
> or maybe +Internet) should be relatively straightforward.
>
> My questions are simple ones (for those that have jumped
> thru the accreditation hoops): has the time, money and
> effort been worthwhile? Has it made you a more valuable
> resource? Did u learn enough from your studies to make it
> worthwhile? Has the credential provided you more
> responsibilities/promotions/renumeration)? Would u go for
> further credentials?
>
> ...cheers!
> Geoff Bradbury - Technical Writer at your service...
>
> Call me on bradg -at- bigpond -dot- com
>
> "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they
> make as they fly by."
> - Douglas Adams
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=