Re: What to do in slack times?

Subject: Re: What to do in slack times?
From: "Meek, DavidX L" <davidx -dot- l -dot- meek -at- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 10:00:46 -0700

One thing to remember: if you look busy, people tend to think you are busy;
if you don't look busy, people tend to think you're lazy or unnecessary,
regardless of *why* you're not busy (i.e., you're extremely good at your
job).

I have worked at companies where the pace is s l o w (usually government
agencies). In the slack times, I keep busy by studying technical materials,
either documents related to the technology I'm documenting, or technical
writing journals such as STC's Intercom. People will a) see that you're
busy, and b) appreciate that you're engaged in improving your value to the
company.

-Dave
(Any statements made above are mine, and mine alone.)