Recruiting at Westech Today 4-13 - Are You My Tech Writer?

Subject: Recruiting at Westech Today 4-13 - Are You My Tech Writer?
From: Linda <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:07:13 -0700

Spent the day recruiting at Westech (Santa Clara Convention Center)
yesterday and received a grand total of three (!) resumes! Where are all
the tech writers?

Anyway - if you are planning to go to Westech today, please come by our
booth (#420) and bring me your resume!

My quick, off-the-cuff synopsis of the company: GRIC is a small Internet
startup in Milpitas. It's been in business about three years; it started
as an ISP called Aimnet. Our customers are ISPs and telcos around the
world. We provide the technology that enables our customers to offer
services such as Voice over IP, fax, and roaming; we do the
authentication, accounting, and settlement for those transactions as well.
We also have a Prepaid VoIP product, and are moving into e-commerce as
well. Our technology partners include Lucent Technologies and Cisco,
among others.

We are small - 110 people and growing (we have had one layoff - last
January, as we shifted our focus from billing to phone services), and we
experience some of the chaos that comes from our youth and our growing
pains. The Software Product Life Cycle concept is being introduced
company-wide, and I am hoping that it tames the chaos.

We are pre-IPO, and our salaries are competitive. Atmosphere is pretty
casual in dress, and hours are somewhat flexible. They have been
very understanding of commute and traffic issues.

Anyway! Enough about that, here's the info about the canned job info:

Primary responsibilities include technical, procedure, conceptual, and
reference materials for an internal audience of programmers and engineers.
Additional responsibilities include assisting in the creation of a style
guide, and in the development of technical writing policies and
procedures.

The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years experience in writing technical
documentation for a technical audience, and a degree in Computer Science,
Technical Writing, English, or other relevant field. An ideal candidate
would be one who has made a successful transition from programming to
technical writing. Familiarity with C, C++, Java, and document numbering
and management systems would be a plus. Excellent knowledge of MS Word
and the Office Suite of products, proficiency with Windows 95/98/NT,
Visio, Adobe Acrobat, HTML, and Online Help Authoring Tools is desired.

Come see me, or send your resume in the body of your e-mail to
jobs -at- gric -dot- com -dot-

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=