Re: Size of Manuals

Subject: Re: Size of Manuals
From: Sharon Burton-Hardin <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:21:31 -0700

Actually, the reason why software manuals, at least, are 7x9 is even simpler
than usability. The standard packaging box is 8x10. The manual fits in the
box.

I always ask my students why these manuals are this size and I get all sorts
of fun responses. The truth? It fits in the standard box.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS(tm), the unofficial RoboHELP newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!
See www.sharonburton.com!