Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley

Subject: Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley
From: Keith Mahoney <Keith -at- 4DS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:49:59 -0700

Maurice--

I came to the Bay Area from London many moons ago. Back then, I was willing
to do the jobs most others would not. For example, I cleaned toilets, mopped
floors in the middle of the night for one company, and would then head of at
sunrise to do the same thing for another company the next morning.

It wasn't pleasant work, and I felt dead-on-my-feet, but it paid the bills
and helped me get through school.

If I could move here from a foreign country with no skills, (well tenacity
and determination may count) and keep my head above water, then surly
someone who is a professional would have no problem. How they could end up
homeless is beyond me. If you're that desperate, you'll take any job to
support your family.

Janitors make $12-17 hr., which is more than enough to live on-even in the
Bay Area.

BTW, I'm a dab hand with a broom. ;-)

Keith

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=