What's the term

Subject: What's the term
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:58:26 -0700

Hi, People.

I have a paragraph that I know is not accurate:

"For example, if you want to add a 2.5% commission to
the Base Charge, you would enter the value as 2.5, not
.025"

The question is: What is the official term for 2.5
that differentiates it from .025. It has to do with
the way that the application processes the number
internally.

I at first wanted to use the tem whole number, but
that's not right.

Anyone have a guess? Anyone even care?

John
===