Re: FWD: Stock Options for Tech Writers

Subject: Re: FWD: Stock Options for Tech Writers
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:02:04 -0400

Oh, I gotta. I just gotta.

I'm with everyone else here -- they don't replace salary. I would never
consider a stock option to compensate for a lower salary.

BUT! Stock options are pretty cool as a motivational tool, and a reminder
that the work you are doing relates directly to the company's bottom line,
and that the harder you work, the better your work, the more those stock
options may be worth when the time comes. Likewise, I know that I am
constantly aware that if I screw something up, I am personally eroding the
value of my stock options and everyone around me.

Kinda gives you a heightened sense of responsibility for the company.

-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=