Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley -- Please Drop the Subject Already!!!!!

Subject: Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley -- Please Drop the Subject Already!!!!!
From: "Eric L. Dunn" <edunn -at- TRANSPORT -dot- BOMBARDIER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:31:13 -0400

>>I started the thread to get information. I got it. So did others. Now
would you please drop it?

You got what information? By interpretation of your summary and this latest
email you were only looking for confirmation. Few threads die in the brief
instant between the question and the posted 'summary'.

>>I'm amazed that technical communicators are so poor at getting the
message. I reached my conclusion from the flood of responses. I published
what I found to be the overwhelming sentiment of persons who claim to be in
>>the know for the benefit of those who asked me to do so. I spared the
list the bulk of the responses, partly because they would take up too much
space, partly because they wouldn't shed any new light on the subject.

What message was everyone else supposed to get? That you weren't interested
in listening? Your conclusion and what you published amounted to "I was
right everyone agrees with me." Others have noted that they've yet to see
one post to the group that agrees with a majority of your
opinion/information.

>>Still, there's always one who just HAS to chime in with:
>>>I haven't seen one response that agreed with your >fiction.
>>Tsk tsk tsk... All I asked was to find out to what extent the report
given to me was accurate. I was not spinning any yarns for any publisher.

All the quoted poster was saying was that in reponse to the "the report is
100% accurate" the reality seems to not support the claim. The 'summary'
stated "All of them confirmed everything that I wrote."

>>It just proves what I've always said: people see what they WANT to see,
not what's there.

As you seem to demonstrate by dismissing all of the relevant and helpful
information posted by others. Are you saying those that live and work in
the area and posted to refute the claims made in the first post are all
delusional?

>>Now, please, give it a rest!
>>- Maury

Well like everything else, it'll only be over in a couple days time once
all the members have read their digests. Everyone is equally entitled to
post their opinion. If there are 4000 differing opinions, be prepeared to
get them. If you don't want them, or have already made up your mind, don't
ask in the first place.

Eric L. Dunn

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=