Re: How Do You NOT Mention Salary First?

Subject: Re: How Do You NOT Mention Salary First?
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:36:47 -0700

At 03:40 PM 4/14/99 -0400, Kevin McLauchlan wrote:

>Hmm. But I thought everybody flat-out lied on those
>STC surveys... :-)

If they lie, they are lying low. My boss asked me to research salary
requirements for the tech writer I was searching for at the Westech Career
Fair yesterday, and I confidently went to the STC salary survey, only to
discover to my horror that it sure made it look like I am way overpaid. I
couldn't show my boss that - I'm up for a raise!
==========================
Obligatory bad haiku:

Ah, reality
sets in too soon. Alarm rings: