PDF & Linking TOCs

Subject: PDF & Linking TOCs
From: Geri Lou Ciotoli <GCIOTOLI -at- ECS-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:18:53 -0400

Background:
I have a Word document with hyperlinks from the TOC to the body and call out
references to the graphics. I then create an Acrobat PDF file using
PDFWriter and the links are not there. I've found I have to manually create
the links in the PDF document for on-line viewing.. this seems absurd.
Manually linking the TOC, TOT, & TOF in such large books would take forever!
I'm using Word97 and Acrobat Exchange 3.01.

Question:
Is it possible for the links to remain during PDF creation? Perhaps, I'm
just missing something.. I've looked in the on-line help and can't find
anything pertaining to this type of linking.

Please respond to me personally as I only receive the DIGEST version of Tech
Writer List.
Geri Lou Ciotoli

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=