Negative Feedback - thanks

Subject: Negative Feedback - thanks
From: Candace Bamber <cbamber -at- CASTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 07:39:08 -0400

Everyone, thanks so much for your honest, helpful and direct :^) comments about
giving negative feedback - both on and off list. I would have argued that the
rest of my team "gets it" without my having to be confrontational, but its clear
from your comments as well as the person's reaction, that this one staff member
clearly doesn't, and as manager, it's my responsibility to make sure that
everyone "gets it", and to adjust my personal style to make sure everyone gets
what they need. In my drive to get the work out the door (and our schedule is
punishing right now), I forgot to think hard about the human issues as well.

So much to learn - so little time!

Cheers!

Candace

mailto:cbamber -at- castek -dot- com