Re: SUMMARY: Linux and techwhirlers

Subject: Re: SUMMARY: Linux and techwhirlers
From: Kevin McLauchlan <KMcLauchlan -at- CHRYSALIS-ITS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:03:18 -0400

Well! Thanks for the update. But now, the big
question...

Did you/will you use Linux and those tools as your
primary working environment, as a tech writer or
editor or whatever?

Also, how well do all of the mentioned items
co-exist? Do you have to shut down one GUI or
Xwindows implementation in order to fire up another
when you want to go from your best wp to your best
vector draw program?

I'm definitely going to have to make some space
on my home PC. Now, which should I dump?
NT Workstation 4, where I work, or Win95, where
I can use my joystick for flight-sim and can run
Grim Fandango... hmm.

And then... Red Hat? Caldera? Debian? SuSE?
Double-hmmm.
I suppose I'd learn more from SuSE, but I'd likely
have a working system much sooner with Red Hat
or Caldera?

Kevin McLauchlan
kmclauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com (aka kevinmcl -at- netrover -dot- com)
Techy writer, duffer skydiver, full-time unrepentant chocoholic

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=