Arrogance, engineers

Subject: Arrogance, engineers
From: "SEIGLER, Sherri" <sseigler -at- SHL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 07:45:01 -0700

I'm not going to say anything philosophical or political in reference to
this statement about overpaid tech writers. All I know is I got sent on a
mission to "fix" writing for a client because the client thought it was
crap. I am not overpaid. I work for engineers quite well, and I can work
with the client without offending the client and also understanding what
they want. I have not always found that to be true with engineers. I feel
that what we have is just another "educated" child.

I realize that I am considered low on the food chain and sometimes that
bothers me, but when I am given one day's notice to fix something "because
everyone can write" doesn't quite work out, I feel like I've come up at
least one notch on that chain.

Two cents from another lurker.

Sherri A. Seigler
MCI Systemhouse (oops, now EDS)