Re: Word to PDF (What is the best graphic file to use?)

Subject: Re: Word to PDF (What is the best graphic file to use?)
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:52:43 -0700

Leona, I struggled with this for months. I haunted the Adobe forum asking
questions, I searched the Adobe Web site, I sent e-mail to every link I
could find in order to find out what to do about fuzzy graphics -
particularly screenshots - in Word documents converted to pdf.

Here's what I finally found out: Word uses anti-aliasing in displaying
graphics, so that they show up sharp and clear. Adobe Reader, Adobe
Acrobat, etc. do not. The images in those applications are not
anti-aliased when displayed, so they are fuzzy and often unreadable - on
the screen. However, they print perfectly. (Just give it a try: take a
screen shot of the Acrobat page, and print that. From Acrobat, send the
same page directly to the printer. Compare the two results.)

At 11:13 AM 4/23/99 -0400, Jim Aikens wrote:
> [...]

==========================
Obligatory bad haiku:

Ah, reality
sets in too soon. Alarm rings: