Re: "Man-months" offend some of your audience.

Subject: Re: "Man-months" offend some of your audience.
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:13:47 -0500

Howdy,

I think someone has already said this but I want to emphasize it:

Audience! Audience! Audience!

It does not really matter if I am bugged by the term or not, enough
of my audience will be bothered that I won't use a gender specific
term. Do we write for ourselves or for those who read it?

Just for the record, I do believe we are shaped by our language.
And I appreciate the effort people go to in order to reshape our
language to reflect more modern attitudes.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices