Re: User friendly term for Metadata

Subject: Re: User friendly term for Metadata
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:09:53 +0100

Beth Agnew wrote : Metadata as "data about data" is pretty easy for
users to wrap their minds
around, especially if you give a few examples. Sometimes people just
have to
learn new words.

You may also add a design (the software we document has a metamodel,
which describes the models used to describe data structure, wich is
metadata in itself.) With a correct explanation and a schema, users that
need to be familiar with these notions prefer seeing these terms used,
rather than having it hidden. For those that don't fiddle with these
metathings, we tend to hide this, but do not when the notion is
necessary.
HIWU
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=