Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 27 Apr 1999 to 28 Apr 1999 (#1999-12)

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 27 Apr 1999 to 28 Apr 1999 (#1999-12)
From: Asher Miller <smasher -at- HOOKED -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 07:50:33 -0700

In the digest you wrote....

>I know I'm only a clueless newbie, but I can assure you none of my previous
>positions required use of the phrase, "You want fries with that?"
>
>Cheers

Many of mine did.

I paid my way through college with the phrase, "Do you want fries with
that?" (Well, more accurately, "Will this be a pick-up or a
delivery?") I can assure you that very few people like burning
themselves on a 600-degree oven and going home stinking of sausage. We
do what we have to to get by, and hope that eventually we'll move on to
bigger and better things, like tech writing.

I'm one of the lucky ones. You are, too.

Cheers.

--Asher Miller
Technical Writer
Globalstar LP