The Independent's Guide to the STC Conference

Subject: The Independent's Guide to the STC Conference
From: Thomas Barker <tbarker -at- TTACS -dot- TTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:28:33 -0500

Those of you who will be attending the 46th STC Conference in Cincinnati in a couple of weeks may wish to review the Independent's Session Guide to the STC Conference at the following location:

http://english.ttu.edu/gscic/conguide.pdf

The Session Guide, which will also appear in this month's Independent Perspective (newsletter of the CICSIG), is a collection of sessions of interest to contractors and independent consultants in technical writing. I compiled it using the Program Committee's recommendations and adding sessions from the preliminary conference that looked useful to independents. The Session Guide contains room numbers and times and a "recommended path."

If you visit the Getting Started in Consulting and Independent Contracting site (http://english.ttu.edu/gscic/) you will also find a link to an HTML version of the Session Guide.

I realize that many independents can't make it to the conference and I hope that those who can't attend will order the proceedings and use the Session Guide as a reference.

Thomas Barker
Texas Tech University
STC-CICSIG Manager

Getting Started in Consulting and Independent Contracting
http://english.ttu.edu/gscic/