Re: Educating Rita

Subject: Re: Educating Rita
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 12:13:33 -0400

> From: Sharon Burton-Hardin [mailto:sharonburton -at- email -dot- msn -dot- com]
> But, as a consultant and a teacher of tech writing, there is the point of
> view that if it is really hard to write about, maybe it is badly designed.
> And if it is badly designed, then it will be hard for the user to use.
> Frequently, the writer is the place where it is first noticed
> that something is badly designed and I do think we have an obligation to
> point it out and offer to help where possible.

That pointing out and offering to help is an ongoing negotiation.

It seems to me that there is a rather significant product
differentiation between what you sell and what Andrew sells. His
service is more focused, yours more comprehensive. My guess is
that you both provide exactly what your clients want.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=