Two page spread tables in Word 97

Subject: Two page spread tables in Word 97
From: Jeff Johnson <jjohnson -at- OPTUM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 15:45:48 -0700

I have some really wide and long tables to put in 8-1/2 x 11 pages.
Landscape isn't wide enough to hold them. Foldouts are beyond our printing
ability.

Has someone cleverer than I am with Word 97 come up with a low maintenance
way to make tables spread across two portrait pages? That is, a row that
runs left to right across the 8-1/2 inch width of page two continues on page
three; a column that runs off the bottom of page two continues at the top of
page four.

Low maintenance means something that won't crash Word and won't make us
boneheads miserable from a lot of tweaking. Doing 11 x 17 with text boxes is
a possibility, but then getting the headers and footers and numbering to
work, and getting everything to print right - I see trouble.

Various archives did not reveal a solution.

Since this is a tool and layout question, please respond off list.

Many thanks.

Jeff Johnson
jjohnson -at- optum -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=