Win 98 (Eric, is this off topic :)?)

Subject: Win 98 (Eric, is this off topic :)?)
From: Daniel D Hall <MISTERHALL -at- PRODIGY -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 19:32:11 -0700

Cassandra wanted to know

<Is it worth it with the new Windows 2000 coming out soon? What type of
bugs
have you encountered? >

I recently (11/98) upgraded, and have had no problems so far. There are (of
course) advantages and disadvantages, but I personally think it's worth it.

Pros:
A smoother interface
Fewer crashes (But not none!)
Easier upgrades / better peripherial support (TRUE plug and play)
Nifty stuff like desktop themes and various other "Stuff"
(Be sure to check out the "Tweak" program that comes with it)

Cons:
A memory hog
A HD space hog I would probably advise against if you're
running it on a computer with less than 64Mb
RAM and a 4Gb HD.
Outlook98 (the new e-mail tool), is a little odd. (Not enough
customization choices)

<Here's the TW part>
All of the tools you are currently using should continue functioning as they
have. Taking files home and back will continue to be a pain ! There aren't
any compatability issues between Win 95 and 98. Or I should say "That I am
aware of." (Of which I am aware?)

The cost seems reasonable, and I'm glad I did it. As for Win 2000, I haven't
heard much. Anyone?

Dan Hall
misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=