Re: Trademark usage (was UNIX v. Unix)

Subject: Re: Trademark usage (was UNIX v. Unix)
From: Shawn Wilson <shawn -dot- wilson -at- IDSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 09:16:57 -0700

Not ALL the lawyers would be happy. I checked the Open Group's (they own
UNIX) website that was recommended earlier on this list. They specifically
say:

Blanket or generic attributions are not acceptable, such as: "All
trademarks are the property of their respective owners''.
And I still don't know how to refer to UNIX in our manuals. I can't tell if
there's been a consensus on this list.

Shawn Wilson
Technical Writer
310-478-4015 x289