Re: Editing Rates?

Subject: Re: Editing Rates?
From: "Caroline Briggs (Pachaud) (Exchange)" <carolinp -at- EXCHANGE -dot- MICROSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 18:09:06 -0700

What kind of editing are you talking about? Developmental editing? I expect
dev editors to have substantial technical knowledge--to know at least as
much about the product as the writers, if not more. I expect to pay
accordingly. Copy editors, though highly skilled, don't tend to command as
much, since they don't have the same technical skillset. Proofreaders tend
to be at the bottom of the scale.

Caroline

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=