Re: Educating Rita

Subject: Re: Educating Rita
From: Svi Ben-Elya <svi -dot- ben-elya -at- AKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:06:25 +0200

I disagree. Most tech writers may not be able to create a GUI themselves,
but they are in an excellent position to identify its problems.

As a rule, if its difficult to describe, then there is a problem with the
GUI or the software. Deadlines or product limitations may justify the
documentation effort, but my experience has been that market response has
usually forced R&D to make the changes in later releases.

On 5/7/99 11:49:48 PM Graham Tillotson wrote:

>Lets be honest about MOST tech writers and MOST developers:
>
>MOST tech writers should stay away from commenting on
>interface design because they have never developed a
>GUI and they don't know enough about what goes on behind
>the form/screen/window to make a worthwhile suggestion.

____________________________________
Svi Ben-Elya
svib -at- aks -dot- com
chase -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

Aladdin. Securing The Global Village

Ashlag 22, Haifa, Israel
Tel: +972 4 872-8899 Fax: +972 4 872-9966
Visit us at our Web site! http://www.esafe.com

Aladdin supports Idealist. Visit http://www.idealist.org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=