Re: UK/US English - What to do?

Subject: Re: UK/US English - What to do?
From: Stuart Evans <stuarte -at- ARTISANSW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:08:11 +0100

I feel it is industry standard for both the user interface and user
documentation to be written in US English. Longer term the UI should be
changed to US English.

If the UI does not get changed, I would still write the user
documentation in US English. I would refer to color without the 'u',
except when referring to the word 'colour' on screen, where it should be
spelt as it appears. This may result in a sentence that has two
spellings of the word colour, but IMO this is correct way of dealing
with short comings of the user interface.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=